AN EVENING WITH THE GENTLEMEN
A GENTLEMAN IS ONE WHO PUTS MORE INTO THE WORLD THAN HE TAKES OUT
-George Bernard Shaw-
It would be great to spend an evening with your best friends, having an old style and classy get together. Many times we find men that do not know what to do, or keep doing the same old thing over and over again. It would be great to have someone organizing your evening, wouldn’t be? You would just have to meet your gents and be ready to be taken care of and having a different and a fun time.
Here are some ideas for a perfect evening organized by The best of you for Gentlemen, and a quick reminder of what being a Gentleman means.
In 1832 the word gentleman came in common use to signify a distinction of position, education and manners. Before that time, it was a distinction of birth. Most of the time, gentlemen were the last sons in a family. That is, a man of good birth, but without any title. They where considered free men, because of the fact of not having titles, or “owners.” Gentlemen where just below esquires.
A guy is a boy at birth, a man by age, but a gentleman by choice.
Gentleman involves a certain superior standard of conduct. Quoting the 8th edition (1856) of the Encyclopaedia Britannica “that self-respect and intellectual refinement which manifest themselves in unrestrained yet delicate manners.”
REGARDING THE EVENING:
Lets start by going to a tailor. We can close the shop for you and your friends exclusively.
You can order a vest or suit with the best fabrics and spoil your friends by giving them a bow tie.
Now, that you have a stylish accessory, it is time to get groomed and “keep it handsome.”
There are many classy and beautiful barbershops, where you can get your hair or beard trimmed, get shaved or just have a “beauty” treatment, while you taste gourmet beer served by runway models.
Now that you are ready, it would be great to have a classy men gathering at a cigar club, where you will taste and learn all about cigars or just enjoy them with a great conversation and a drink.
After dinner at a great and new restaurant you can have a first drink in a sophisticated, members only, bar.
From here, it is up to you how to continue the night…
The best of you has the best and most exclusive addresses (and access) in Madrid and New York City for you.
The best of you rules for being a gentleman:
- Mind your manners, in every aspect of your life, and social encounter (be polite and fallow the correct etiquette ALWAYS).
- Be cultivated
- Have the power to end a fight
- Ladies first
- Respect yourself, thus respect others
- Do not persuade with words, reassure with your actions
- Do without the need of recognition, and give without expecting anything in return
- A gentleman never breaks a promise
- Dress well, no matter the occasion
- Lower your standards for no one
- Judge no one, just improve yourself
- Chivalry is not dead
- Be confident, and admit when you are wrong
- A real gentleman will apologize after a fight, even if he is not wrong
- Stayed groomed
- Do not drink too much, and leave a party early
17. A gentleman does not need to be always the centre of attention, but they are always noticed. It is their signature to come, make a statement, leave, and be remembered
18. Be romantic
The real power of a man is in the size of the smile of the woman sitting next to him.
19. Be humble